Sunday, August 11, 2013

"See No Evil 2" Gets an Interesting Pair of Directors



          Jacob Goodnight will rise again this Fall as production will begin on "See No Evil 2". If you are unfamiliar with the first, don't worry most people are. I mean not everyone was as excited as I was to see Kane star in a slasher and I understand that. Still, the first was a very typical slasher that I would love to comment more on but I haven't seen it since its release in 2006, so I'll screen it and get some reviews going. 





          So, who are these ladies? These two are the directors signed on to film "See No Evil 2". Jen and Sylvia Soska are the "Twisted Twins", whose films you have not seen if you found yourself asking who they are. I say this because most people seek out their films based on hype that usually involves mention of hot twin directors covering sets in blood (pictured above). I personally do not rate films on the gender of the director(s) and found it a challenge fighting to sit through their first film, "Dead Hooker in a Trunk". I will say I really enjoyed their second film "American Mary". It  had a modern mad scientist theme that you don't see much, but the movie falling apart in the last act didn't help. Don't take my word for it though, many horror fans would argue with everything I've said, which is why the one thing everyone can agree on is that they are very polarizing. This is awesome for WWE Productions and Lions gate since the one thing they can count on by hiring the twins will be people talking about the film. I mean I'm excited to love or hate the movie because now that the Soska twins are on board I know I'll at least have something to say about it, unlike "See No Evil" (2006) which was the run of the mill slasher that you forget about over night, even coming from someone who loves slashers.



          WWE isn't stopping with the horror here either, they just finished shooting the remake (reboot?) of the Leprechaun titled "Leprechaun: Origins". Sorry Warwick Davis (Willow, Star Wars) will not be returning, in his place is WWE's own Hornswoggle. They also are having Nathan Brooks & Bobby Lee Darby (Writers of "See No Evil 2") write a found footage film about people exploring the Bermuda. All of the talked about films here will be release with Lions Gate, so hopefully they will all be rate "R".

Here are a few words Tweeted from Hornswoggle on the set of "Leprechaun: Origins".





"See No Evil" (2006)

1 comment:

  1. that pic makes me worried for Leprechaun its just going to be him without any makeup on? I guess if its the story of how he became the Leprechaun it might work but yeah still iffy.

    ReplyDelete