Saturday, October 26, 2013

Adjust Your Tracking: The Untold Story of the VHS Collector

3 of 7 viewers "Liked" "Adjust Your Tracking: The Untold Story of the VHS Collector" (2013, USA)
Here's what the citizens of the Overlook Theatre had to say:

The Great Hornito - "Brought me back to the good ol' VHS days but I don't remember it like the "Adjust Your Tracking" guys. I remember the quirks and tracking problems to be very annoying, not cool like the guys portrayed it." - 3 Stars

Lord Battle - "A very unique look into the collectors and collections of VHS tapes. As a documentary, it doesn't cover much that a non VHS tape fan may find interesting, but if you're looking for a guide to obscure VHS tapes, this is a good start." - 3 Stars

Drumachine - "This film made me hate VHS." - 1 Star

Ice Giant - "I would give it no stars if I could. All the people are losers holding onto a dead dream. I have a new most hated film." - 1 Star

Math Mage - "What feels like two hours of anecdotes about douche-bags wasting money, universally inferior to "Rewind This"." - -1 Star (Default to 1)

Book Wyrm - "Aside from the music, the "Regular Show" clip was the best part because it wasn't the stupid video collectors anymore." - 0 Stars (Default to 1)

Huntress - "Collector's egos stunted this movie but it was still endearing to reminisce through the stories told." - 3 Stars



The Overlook Theatre Final Rating*
A very personal film about what seems to be a small group of VHS tape collectors. This film obviously angered half the reviewers, which I chalk that up to mob mentality as Drumachine voiced a complaint about the lack of versatility in the film and Math Mage and Ice Giant quickly joined in. I personally find most documentaries interesting simply because I get an insight into something I was not previously familiar with. Watching "Adjust Your Tracking," I felt like I was the only one that had a personal interest in anything going on. With that said, I was interested in hearing other bloggers and collectors speak about this niche group of VHS lovers. Now I, Lord Battle search through and buy VHS tapes purely because I love collecting films and deeply enjoy Cinema, and there are a lot of films, and I mean A LOT that have not and will never make the leap to DVD. What I'm trying to say is the collectors in "Adjust Your Tracking" are just very nostalgic as opposed to being film collectors. And I mean nostalgic, like nostalgic enough to choose their VHS tapes over their current girl friend...
Thanks again to Dan Kinem for sending us his film!
- Lord Battle

*Based on the star ratings turned in by character reviewers, others viewed and got to "Dislike" or "Like" but that does not effect the rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment