Thursday, October 24, 2013

Baghead

5 of 5 viewers "Liked" "Baghead" (2008, USA)
Here's what the citizens of the Overlook Theatre had to say:

The Great Hornito - "Totally not what I expected. I was a little disappointed after seeing the trailer but it was still a good movie." - 3 Stars

Huntress - "This was a pleasant mix of faux-horror and comedy. Not what I expected but I'm not complaining." - 4 Stars

Lord Battle - "Part found-footage part a lesson in film making. "Baghead" is as fun as it is cleaver, what indie horror should be." - 4 1/2 Stars

Math Mage - "Not Meta-horror, but anti-horror, in a good way." - 4 Stars

Book Wyrm - "Although it's not what I was hoping for at all, it was still watchable. It made up for it's lack of horror with quirkiness. The trailer was defiantly misleading." - 3 Stars



The Overlook Theatre Final Rating*
Most of the reviews mentioned being mislead by a trailer, we all went to a triple feature a few days ago and saw the trailer for "Baghead" before a screening of "The Blair Witch". I think the fact that we saw it at a horror triple feature lead us to believe "Baghead" was a traditional slasher. To our surprise it was a very intelligent story that wasn't totally focused on horror but definitely had it. After the film had finished I was surprised to find that most of the citizens had not caught how truly intelligent the film was. Pay attention to the characters motivations and actions and then relate them to the fact that you're watching a film. 
I had a lot of fun with this film and if you find that film theory isn't as exciting for you (which is normal believe me) I promise this film is still worth watching.

*Based on the star ratings turned in by character reviewers, others viewed and got to "Dislike" or "Like" but that does not effect the rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment