Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Scooby-Doo

4 of 6 viewers "Liked" "Scooby-Doo" (2002, USA)
Here's what the citizens of the Overlook Theatre had to say:

Book Wyrm - "This movie doesn't get old. A great spin on a classic cartoon. Fun for everyone in the family!" - 5 Stars

The Great Hornito - "Hella good cast. Made me feel like a kid again." - 4 Stars

Lord Battle - "I don't know if it's because I had no expectations or because of the nostalgia from the 90's actors playing characters from one of my favorite cartoon, but I loved this film. "Scooby-Doo" is self aware, containing lost of adult innuendo while maintaining a cartoonish narrative and it does this flawlessly. Oh, not to mention Matthew Lillard is Shaggy come to life." - 5 Stars

Brewha - "Full of has-beens & horrible special effects." - 1 Star

Huntress - "Matthew Lillard's face has never worked so perfectly for a role." - 2 1/2 Stars



The Overlook Theatre Final Rating*
I avoided seeing this film for years, but it wasn't until all my movies were in storage that I decided to screen "Scooby-Doo". I have to admit I was into this film by the first 5 min and knew I had been putting off a film I was going to love. Originally the thing that made this so repulsive was the CG Scooby and I still can't believe how much I ended up liking it. 
I myself am not a fan of "Shrek" and happen to hate when people say "But it's got adult humor!" and I know find myself saying that about "Scooby-Doo". I don't know how to make this movie sound appealing since I've heard so many different approaches from people and still avoided it like the plague. I guess you should just listen to the citizen that best suits your interests and take their lead. Even though this movie didn't seem to inspire much when it came to reviews. 
Just watch this film, I think you'll be surprised.
- Lord Battle

*Based on the star ratings turned in by character reviewers, others viewed and got to "Dislike" or "Like" but that does not effect the rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment