Thursday, November 28, 2013

Entity (the one without Slenderman)

2 of 5 viewers "Liked" "Entity" (2012, UK)
Here's what the citizens of the Overlook Theatre had to say:

The Great Hornito - "It was a pretty generic found footage movie. I was entertained during the movie but I'm not sure if I ever want to see it again." - 3 Stars

Huntress - "This was a mildly entertaining venture with hollow characters and an anticlimactic story." - 2 Stars

Lord Battle - "The half found footage aspect lost me and I soon found myself struggling to stay focused, It didn't help that not 1 character was interesting." - 2 1/2 Stars

Ice Giant - "My rating is a little unfair because I thought it was a Slenderman movie and was disappointed waiting for him to appear." - 2 1/2 Stars

Bug - "The movie wasn't really what I expected, and the characters weren't all that interesting. The idea was an okay one anyway." - 3 Stars



The Overlook Theatre Final Rating*

The trailer for this film is surprisingly good, watching it almost made me want to see the movie again. The main problem with "Entity" was it's slow-burn pace with a majorly lacking story. The other issue our particular screening had was we screened this film because Ice Giant said it was about Slenderman and since I have never read any of the short stories pertaining to him, I was very interested. This was a pretty bad mix up since "Entity" not only shares a name with the film we meant to see but it also could be argued that it too is loosely based on Slenderman, well at least while you are watching the film expecting him to show up.
Overall this film wasn't terrible, it was just kinda boring. 
- Lord Battle

*Based on the star ratings turned in by character reviewers, others viewed and got to "Dislike" or "Like" but that does not effect the rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment