Monday, September 29, 2014

The Devil's Carnival A.K.A The Devil's Carnaweful A.K.A The Longest Hour of Your Life A.K.A Ripoff the Genetic Opera... Okay You Get it

0 of 6 Viewers "Liked" "The Devil's Carnival" (2012, USA)
Here's what the citizens of the Overlook Theatre had to say:

KillDozer - "The Devil's CarnAweful" - 0 Stars (Default to 1)

Ice Giant - "I must of died and watching this was my hell." - 1 Star

Lord Battle - "I personally felt like "Repo The Genetic Opera" was cringe worthy and a hard to watch film. "The Devil's Carnival" had people verbally moaning and groaning about how terrible each song was and how this movie lacked any depth whatsoever. Not to mention how sitting through it will feel like the longest hour of your life. This film is so superficial it should only be sold at Hot Topic. I rarely give them but this will recieve a 1 star rating from me." - 1 Star

Book Wyrm - "I didn't get it, I felt like there were too many plot directions. I don't like clowns, and the songs were mediocre. I couldn't like any of the characters." - 2 Stars

Huntress - "This movie's awkward and rocky opening almost made it too much of a joke to watch. Then the weird sporadic songs started sounding better for just enough time to get my hopes up. The rest just fell apart." - 2 Stars

The Great Hornito - "Everyone involved in the movie deserves to go to hell and see the devils carnival for real." - 1 Star




The Overlook Theatre Final Rating*

From the minds that brought you the incredibly predictable "SAW" sequels, the beautifully crafted Mothers Day remake, and the visually stunning "Repo the genetic opera".  What should have been a fun and creepy collaboration between talented actors and musicians is nothing short of just being a big mess.  Several times throughout the film I was wondering "what the hell is going on here" (no pun intended) . What ever happened to plot and character development ? What made this boring and weak display even worse is the fact that all those involved have shown that they are capable of great things. From what I understand this musical was made to give the film going audience a vision of hell from the sinners point of view but instead just gave us set pieces without purpose . Points awarded to both the writer and director touring with this film and all over the country to promote it with a traveling freak/side show . Unfortunately this just falls short . (insert sad devil clown face here) 
- KillDozer

If you found yourself wondering about the Discord's Carnival poster we used for the review, please check out JNRedmon's deviant art page located here. I swear one of the most fun parts of each review is picking the poster art and when I don't particularly like a film and am able to find a My Little Pony variant, oh it's perfect!
- Lord Battle

*Based on the star ratings turned in by character reviewers, others viewed and got to "Dislike" or "Like" but that does not effect the rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment