Thursday, February 5, 2015

Up Coming SF Film Dates


Today marks the 1 week count down to the San Francisco release of Adam Green's Digging Up the Marrow and Alex Pardee's accompanying art exhibit at the Landmark Shattuck Theatre and I can't wait! This event has been years in the making and the release has been teased for months. And it's finally a mere 7 days away. If you read my earlier post about contacting the theatre to ask about tickets, I'm happy to tell you that the manager did end up calling me back to let me know that the tickets were on sale and still plentiful. I had actually purchased them by the time she called but it was very cool that she made time to get back to me. You can still grab your tickets through Adam Green's site ArieScope.com.

There are actually a lot of notable movies coming up in the next couple of weeks. Here are a couple of the ones we know about so far: 



Black Sea is playing at several Century and AMC Theatres around the bay area. We saw it at Century 20 in Daly City, not our first choice of theatres by any means but there were about six other people there so there were no issues. I loved this movie but I don't remember seeing any commercials or anything about it. Lord Battle and I heard about it through word of mouth and went into it knowing minimal plot points. This is a modern day adaptation of the perfect Hitchcock film.
("This film is an evolution of the Hitchcockian style, featuring amazing suspense, a powerful macguffin, and a language barrier that Hitchcock once told Truffaut he'd like to use. All of these work perfectly together." -Lord Battle)



A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night will be ending its run at the Roxie Theatre today. It will only be showing at 9:30 pm. This is a great movie to see on the big screen, but the movie itself is definitely not for everyone. I would summarize it as artsy with a sense of humor. I got so caught up in the world this movie is set in that I forgot it was a vampire move at all.

And finally, an amazingly paired double feature is playing at the Castro Theatre on Wednesday the 25th:

~ ~ ~

The Exorcist and The Babadook
An old favorite paired with a brand new one. This will have to be an Overlook Theatre field trip for sure! The first movie will start at 7 pm and the second will be at 9:25 pm at the beautiful Castro Theatre.

Happy viewings!
-Huntress

No comments:

Post a Comment