Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Fun Things for Friday the 13th

Here are some events to fill up your Friday the 13th:



It Follows – This very promising movie will be released on VOD this Friday. It currently has some of the best scores on the major movie review sites that I can remember seeing; 7.4/10 on IMDB, 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, and 87% on Metacritic. It's not that I give much credit to the reviews on any of these sites, but I know people tend to go on them mainly to post about how much they hate movies they've watched and can't "unwatch," which is why these numbers surprised me. I thought they might just be high, because the average was from only a handful of reviews, but there are actually a lot of them. It's just an extra credit to the film. I'm staying away from any trailers, just in case. (After I looked further into the theatrical release of this film, I think it might be a little while longer before we will see it on the big screen in the bay area, but The Impostor and I are still checking.)




Castro Double Feature – Here's another chance to see A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night on a big beautiful screen. It will be paired with Messiah of Evil, which I have never seen but sounds cool. I loved everything about A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night and would love to see it again. From what I've seen of the second feature, they will be a great pair. It'll be a night of artsy vampires and sexy zombies. Maybe.



Adam Green's Scary Sleepover – The second episode of Adam Green's newest venture will be posted on the Ariescope.com and at the Ariescope YouTube channel. The citizens have crazy schedules and getting them together gets difficult sometimes, so we haven't screened the first episode yet, but fighting the urge to just watch it on a computer or something is getting too hard, especially after reading about how great the first episode with Kane Hodder was. The second episode will feature Tiffany Shepis, whose career started in Tromeo and Juliet.

Support your local theater!
-Huntress

No comments:

Post a Comment