Sunday, April 26, 2015

SFIFF: An Evening with Guillermo de Toro


Last night it was officially confirmed that Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro will not be sending Norman Reedous to Silent Hill. I'll admit that I had completely forgotten Silent Hill was even in the works until I was explaining why I'd be leaving our weekly D&D game early and was asked by everyone to get in the Q&A line and ask about Silent Hill. Thankfully I didn't have to and the second question was just that.
"It's not going to happen and that breaks my greasy heart," is how Guillermo responded and I'll admit that initially I was indifferent as I don't really play video games anymore (except Hotline Miami).


(My photos came out terrible so I'm borrowing this one)

But as he continued to talk about how he and Kojima had planned on making the game truly invade our world and I saw del Toro become animated with excitement while explaining what he could (without being sued), I too became extremely excited for the game... It was a bitter sweet moment to say the least and Guillermo also ended that response by saying. "I'm 50 years old now and I've made a decision to just direct from now on." I'm paraphrasing here but the point is the same; he's sticking to film from now on.
On a side note, someone asked if there are any buildings in San Francisco he may want to destroy in the near future and he responded by saying. "If Pacific Rim 2 stays the way it's written now, I'll be getting medieval on San Francisco!"





In case you've never seen the Kojima - del Toro teaser...



- Lord Battle

No comments:

Post a Comment