Saturday, February 6, 2016

Creepy PastaMania!




This week I'm going to focus on a topic that was the scariest thing to me when I was a little kid... nothing in the world scared me more than the thought of aliens and it's pretty much thanks to UPN airing something most people know as the "McPherson Tapes" or "Alien Abduction Incident at Lake County." That was my first ever experience with found footage and I thought I was really seeing the last terrifying night of some family as they were terrorized and taken away by aliens. For the next few years the very thought of that footage was enough to nearly send me into a panic attack. Now that I'm older, I'm a little ashamed such a crappily made movie scared me so bad but the fear I once had turned into a appreciation for things Sci-Fi and alien in general.

When Gods Blink

Genre: Sci-Fi


Reading Time: 20-30 minutes 

Synopsis: When the world loses 23 seconds, one of our brightest minds tries to find out why. But can he handle the answer..?

Creepiness
(How Scary)

Pasta Quality
(How Well Written)

This story isn't scary in the usual way; it's scary in the "it's kinda too complicated for my little brain to even comprehend" kind of way. Trying to imagine that our whole world could just be some program made by beings who would consider us ants at best is very frightening in its own way.

---------------

A bit of info on this next one, it's supposed to be written by an alien so some of the words for numbers and distances are made up.

The Gift of Mercy

Genre: Sci-Fi

Author: Unlisted

Run Time: 4-8 minutes

Synopsis: After observing us for many years, an alien race decides our fate.

Creepiness
(How Scary)

Pasta Quality
(How Well Written)

I think this second story shows how a lot of people think aliens would view us, at least in the beginning. They would recognize that we were sapient but also too violent to be left to our own devices and would stop us before we ever had the chance to become a problem for them.


- Ice Giant

No comments:

Post a Comment